The College awards prizes for outstanding performance in academics, sports, etc. Besides, the Government extends a helping hand by way of freeships and scholarships to the needy and deserving students.
- For meritorious performance in academics, class wise prizes are awarded to students.
- In other areas like sports, cultural activities, NSS activities etc. various prizes are awarded.
- Outgoing students from all three streams are awarded prizes for their contribution in various fields.
- Principal’s discretionary awards are given to students for their meritorious services to the institution.
- Late Shri Krishnakant Govind Hegde Desai Scholarship. This scholarship of Rs.500/- is awarded to a student who secures first rank in T.Y.B.A. in this College.
- Anant Radha Smruti Paritoshik. This Scholarship is awarded to a student who secures first class at the T.Y.B.A. in this College, with six units in Marathi.
- Late Smt. Rajdevi Sharma Scholarship. This Scholarship is awarded to a student studying in Sem V & Sem VI with Zoology and securing highest aggregate marks in Sem I, II, III & IV (However, the student should have scored minimum 60% at each of the Semesters and should have cleared the same in One attempt only).
- Besides, as mentioned above the Parent Teacher Association gives prizes to students who have secured distinction in Science stream and first class in other streams.
The first 3 students in each class (not division) for each term of the Academic Year shall be awarded merit scholarships provided that they obtain at least 60% marks as follows:
A) Merit scholarship for the First Term of the Academic Year will be awarded on the basis of marks of the Previous Year’s Examination.
B) Merit scholarship for the Second Term will be awarded on the basis of the First Term Examination.
1. Rajiv Gandhi Shiksha Sahaya Yojana Scholarship to Economically Backward Classes students.
- The income of parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs. 4,000/- p.a.
- He/she has secured a minimum 45% marks at the last qualifying examination.
- He/she is the resident of Goa.
2. Post Matric Scholarships to scheduled Castes/Other Backward Class Students
The students who belong to Scheduled Caste/Other Backward Classes so specified in relation to Goa are eligible for this scholarship provided they have passed the last qualifying examination of recognized University/Board. Only one student in the family is entitled for such scholarship.
3. Scholarships to Handicapped Students
- The student should possess a minimum disability of 40%
- The student should have secured a minimum of45% marks in the previous annual examination.
- The annual income of the parents should not exceed Rs. 25,000/- from all sources.
4. Merit Scholarship to the children of School Teachers
The children of working teachers who have obtained first class at SSC examination held in March/April are eligible to apply for the same if their parent’s income is less than Rs. 25,000/- per annum after allowing standard deduction. (Subject to change)
5. Other Government Schemes and Freeships include
a) Scheme for the grant of educational concession to the children of Freedom Fighters.
b) Freeships to the children of Service Personnel.
c) Govt. Of India Scholarship to students from non-Hindi speaking states for Post Matric Studies in Hindi.
d) Freeships to dependents of iron ore mine workers.
e) Freeships to children of persons from Armed Forces who are killed or disabled.
f) Financial Assistance from the Institute of Public Assistance.
g) National Loan Scholarship.
h) Bank Loans for needy students. (College will facilitate students in availing the Loans from Nationalised Banks.)
Other details governing above schemes will be displayed on College Notice Board from time to time.
Students’ Aid Fund
This fund is utilized to render financial assistance to poor students to meet partly or fully their tuition fees or to purchase books or similar other expenses.
A student who fails in the annual examination will not be eligible for such assistance. However, on passing in subsequent attempt he/she may be considered for assistance for the next higher class. Income of parents of the applicant student should not exceed Rs.25, 000/- per annum. The applicant will have to produce income certificate from the prescribed authority as per Government instructions. Maximum limit of assistance per student under this fund will be Rs.1, 500/- per annum. The beneficiary should not be in receipt of any other scholarship/assistance except merit scholarship.