The College library is well stocked with books related to all disciplines. It subscribes to 6 local and 5 national dailies. At present, it has a total of 19,193 books for general reading and reference.
The Library has special sections on Law, Environment, Women’s Studies and Goa. In addition to these books we subscribe to 38 Journals and Magazines. There is a collection of 289 Audio and Video Cassettes. Every year, the stock of books is upgraded. Students are encouraged to avail themselves of the facilities provided by the library.
The college has a new library block cum computer centre
- Total area of the library (in Sq. Mts.): 1350 Sq.mts.
- Total seating capacity: 100
- Working hours (on working days, on holidays, before examination days, during examination days, during vacation): 8 hours on all days except Sundays and public holidays
Each department is involved in enhancing respective departmental library resources. The faculty recommends books for purchase. The library committee scrutinizes the same and places order for the books after following the due procurement procedures.
Outlay on Library Resources
|No.||Total Cost (Rs.)||No.||Total Cost (Rs.)||No.||Total Cost (Rs.)||No.||Total Cost (Rs.)||No.||Total Cost (Rs.)|
* Under the N-List facility, students and staff have access to around 50,000 online journals and 3000 books
* The college library also subscribes to national and local newspapers
- Electronic Resource Management package for e-journals
- Federated searching tools to search articles in multiple databases
- Library Website
- In-house/remote access to e-publications
- Library automation
- Total number of 12 computers for public access
- Total number of 02 printers for public access
- Internet with 2 Mbps speed
- Content management system for e-learning
- Participation in Resource sharing networks/consortia (like Inflibnet)
Specialized Services Provided by the Library
- ILL (Inter Library Loan Service)
- Information deployment and notification (Information Deployment and Notification)
- Reading list/ Bibliography compilation
- In-house/remote access to e-resources
- User Orientation and awareness
- Assistance in searching Databases
- INFLIBNET/IUC facilities